how to delete pop-up games

A

AC Question

game icons keep popping up on my android main screen and I can't identify which program caused the game icon. how do I block game icons?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Do you mean that shortcut icons for these games are being created on your homescreen without your knowledge? Can you find those games in the Settings>Apps menu? If so, select them and tap Uninstall. Do they reinstall on their own after a while?

vjfirstdeans

Apr 6, 2017
Visit site
No, they don't show up in apps and there is nothing in the list of apps in Settings nor in My Apps in Play Store that looks like a game other than Google Play Games and I have that Disabled. They show up on the screen as an icon and when I touch the icon, a game pops up. The icon varies - it is sometimes a flower or a tiny slot machine. I've tried clearing the screen and I've rebooted, but they continue to come. Not only do I not want to play a game, I'm afraid they are a virus. Nothing seems disrupted in my apps or in the phone processes, but still I'd like to block them. I've tried looking at Downloads in the list of apps, to see if they came attached to an app I use regularly, but my phone shows nothing under the download tab.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy