Text Messages.

A

AC Question

When my Galaxy On5 phone is turned off and I receive a text message, the time stamp shows the time I turned my phone back on, not the time the text was sent. Is this normal?

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
Normally, the time stamp shown is the received time stamp, not the sent time stamp.
If your phone is off, you cannot receive the message until the phone is turned back on, so yes it is normal.

Depending on which SMS app you are using, there may be an option to see both time stamps.

Henriette Roe

Jun 8, 2017
Visit site
I have the same issue with a Galaxy S8. I have checked around and there was/is a third party app to fix this, but the app only works on os4 or older. Mine is 7.0. Supposedly this was fixed in newer os, but I sure can't find it. If anyone knows how to display the time a sms was sent to me vs when I received it (downloaded), that would be awsome.

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
You don't say which SMS app you are using, but it sounds like that app does not support the feature.

You can try a different SMS app. I like Textra. It has this feature.
Just in case your app has it, too, when viewing the conversation try sliding your finger to the left.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThatDude