Quite a bit going on. I'll be as short and concise as possible.

AT&T Note 4 (6.0.1) will not connect to PC, or Fast / Rapid Charge.

Issue seems to have started after installing a new OEM battery purchased from EBay. Could have been before, but this is the first time I noticed.

Tried Multiple fast chargers and multiple data cables within each charger. All charging at a slow enough rate where it would die if the screen was just on. With the screen off, it will charge to 100%.

Tried multiple data cables in multiple USB ports on multiple PC's. Will not show up in system properties at all. "USB Debugging" is checked. "USB Configuration" is set to "MTP".

*#0808# is set to MTP+ADB

USB Port appears to be free of debris. Have blown it out with air to make sure.

Factory reset from within phone and from volume up+menu+power option.

Seems it's the UBS port, but everything I've read reads like the port's either good, or bad and if it's bad...it's not going to charge at all so I'm reluctant to try changing it out if it could be something else like bad firmware from AT&T. Have to check with greater minds before I go scorched earth on it. Thanks in advance for any help and let me know if there's any other information I can provide.
    04-06-2017 08:27 AM
    Whoops..forgot to sign in before posting. Anywho....C'MON BRAINS! Any constructive thoughts are appreciated. I'm at a complete standstill here.
    04-07-2017 08:14 AM
    MM introduced a new security feature. When you connect to your PC, you need to wake the phone (inputting your PIN/password if needed) and pull the notification shade. You will see a notification for charging the device. Tap that one, and you will get additional options, one being file transfers. Click that, and you should be able to do what you need to.

This option sticks until you unplug the device. The next time you plug it into a PC, you will have to repeat those steps.
    04-07-2017 08:38 AM
    When I connect the only notification that it's charging is in the main system tray (little icons at the to by the time/antenna. Nothing in the notification shade. Unplugging and plugging back in and/or using different data/charging cables doesn't change anything. =( "Battery" section in "settings" knows it's charging via USB
    04-07-2017 09:33 AM
    It may be a bad update. Have you tried calling ATT?
    04-07-2017 02:14 PM
    Haven't. Will. Never had this happen before. Didn't know reporting a bad update was an option. Figured it if was bad for one it'd be bad for another AND that they'd just tell me to kick rocks since I have an old device. Will report back.
    04-07-2017 02:24 PM
    Contacted AT&T support via FB Messenger and they were surprisingly helpful by sending me a new rapid/fast charger and battery. Haven't received yet, but it's in the mail. Highly unlikely it'll work, but very kind nevertheless. Setup a case with Samsung for me to call in. Called Samsung (one of the most painful things I've ever had to do) and they'd only suggested I do all the things I've listed above; everything I already told Samsung I'd done at the beginning of the call. Eventually they suggested I go to Best Buy as they have a "Samsung Experience" desk that can diagnose what's going on. Not sure how they're going to do that as the USB port isn't spitting out any data at all, but I'm hopeful so going to try that today after work. Will post back results tomorrow.
    04-13-2017 07:49 AM
    Best Buy employee at their "Samsung Experience" wasn't able to assist as I'd presumed. Without being able to interface there wasn't anything that could be done. Suspects that the "OEM" battery from Ebay might have caused a short; that it could be the port, or something else internally. I'm just gonna keep hotswapping batteries until Q3 when the note 8 comes out. Careful with those EBay batteries. Even though they're wrapped in a Samsung sticker they're probably fake. One sign that it was weird with mine is that the water damage sticker from both I'd received from him are missing.
    04-14-2017 08:08 AM
    Hi Guys,

I have tried the following that solved my problem with Note 4, maybe it works for you as well.
    I am running Android 6.0.1 (latest as of July 2017).

While the Data cable was connected between the phone and the PC, I did (*#0808# is set to MTP+ADB) and while MTP+ADB was already selected under AP, I selected it again anyway and exit the screen without a reboot and my phone was detected by the PC and phone displayed a notification where it asked me if I want to "Allow MTP access to phone" by the PC and I said "oh yes baby!!"

Now it is still working until further notice

Note: Please also note that some cables are only for charging the phone and not for Data sync, so make sure you are using the proper one, preferably use the original OEM cable supplied with the phone.

Good luck!

cheers
    08-18-2017 02:54 AM
    Hi mate,

I have tried the following that solved my problem with Note 4, maybe it works for you as well.
    I am running Android 6.0.1 (latest as of July 2017).

While the Data cable was connected between the phone and the PC, I did (*#0808# is set to MTP+ADB) and while MTP+ADB was already selected under AP, I selected it again anyway and exit the screen without a reboot and my phone was detected by the PC and phone displayed a notification where it asked me if I want to "Allow MTP access to phone" by the PC and I said "oh yes baby!!"

Now it is still working until further notice

Note: Please also note that some cables are only for charging the phone and not for Data sync, so make sure you are using the proper one, preferably use the original OEM cable supplied with the phone.

Good luck!

cheers
    08-18-2017 02:57 AM