no audio when head phones are plugged into usb c / cant connect to pc either

A

AC Question

no audio when i try to use my head phones. I have already tried 3 sets of head phones and 3 different dongles. If I start playing music with out the headphones plugged in there is no problem but when I plug the headphones there is no audio, iI have tried it other ways (start with head phones plugged in ...etc). I have tried different apps and google play. Also when I plug the phone into my PC it will only charge and doesnt bring up the usb connection option (yes already enabled debugging and set to ptp) Pretty sure its a software issue but this is also my second phone doing the same thing. Couldbe another bad phone but thats not as likely. Anyone have any other ideas?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. In android 6.0 and above, when you plug your device into a PC, you need to open the device, and pull the notification shade down. You will see a notification for charging. Tap that and you will get a list of options, file transfers being one of them. Tap that, and you can transfer files to your PC. This option sticks as long as the device is plugged into the PC. Once you unplug it, you will have to do those steps over again when you plug the device back in.

egwiaz

Apr 7, 2017
Visit site
yeah thats the way its supposed to happen but when I do the pull down and tap the charging notification it doesnt give me the option for file transfer..... it actually doesnt even give me that notification for charging either I have to press the battery symbol and that will take me into the charging screen