My Samsung Note 5 automatically updated the system software from "Marshmallow" to the new 7.0 ("Nougat") last week. Since then, I now get a brief "Android is Starting" message that lasts 2 seconds on EVERY startup. Is that normal? If not, what's wrong?

Prior to last week (on the "Marshmallow" system), my phone would start up right into my home screen! (On the odd occasion, like once a month, I might have seen the "Android is Starting" message.)

But now that my phone is updated to Marshmallow, I see the "Android is Starting" message every time! It only lasts for about 2 seconds, so it's not the end of the world.

It's just annoying, that's all. Any ideas?
    04-07-2017 11:14 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! I'm pretty sure I've seen that on my Nexus 6P as well. But I don't power the phone completely off very often, so I'm not looking at this situation very often.

I think one of the changes with Nougat was that after an update, the phone can actually be used while apps are being optimized. Before this, you had to wait while Android optimized all apps for the update, which was minor hassle. I bring this up because the "Android is starting" message might reflect how the system actually lets you start using the phone while the boot process is finalizing.
    04-07-2017 03:35 PM