Why do my Bluetooth headphones only work for calls?

A

AC Question

My Trekz Titanium headphones are able to take phone calls, but only phone calls, on my Nexus 6P. YouTube, for example, plays audio through the phone's speakers. I can play YouTube through an Insignia Bluetooth speaker without issue.

I have done some prior research, but most other threads involve issues making the initial Bluetooth connection or the audio quality after connecting. My headphones are readily connected, it is just that the "Use for media audio" option is not available under Bluetooth Settings. One thread I found said that audio profiles may be suspect, but my headphones do support A2DP. I was able to use the same headphones for all outgoing audio, YouTube and calls, on my previous phone.

This is my first Android phone and I am still learning the ropes. I will be grateful for any assistance.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Do you see the Media Audio checkbox at all in the Settings>Bluetooth​ menu, when you tap the gear icon next to the headphones? Or is that completely absent to begin with?