Note 5 to RCA ???

A

AC Question

I know that the Note 5 does not support MHL (even the new MHL 3.0) but is there a way to send the image from the phone to a standard RCA connection? So mini-USB to RCA? I'd like to mirror my phone onto my car stereo which has the 3 RCA jacks, yellow, red and white.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
No MHL Support there is no video output support via USB at all on this device, unfortunately. To do that you'd have to physically 'hack' the phone and tapping into the screen driver, getting the right decoder, and displaying it over RCA (no audio, that's a separate connection).

There are, however, wireless mirroring boxes that you can add to your car that do have RCA output (usually called Miracast to RCA boxes, if you wanna Google them). This is basically creating a WiFi-Direct link to your phone and mirroring the screen wirelessly (which your phone supports), and then translating that image and outputting it via RCA for you to plug to your car, audio included. This, just like with any wireless mirroring, has inherent lag, and the fact that you have a 'middle box' that's translating the wireless mirrored image to RCA only adds a bit more lag depending on how fast the box can process/re-code the image signal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech