how to uninstall googles new android (not a app) Nearby ?

A

AC Question

it ask add to main screen so i did thinking i could uninstall it if i didn't like it but its not a installed app it was attached to google play services which can't be removed. Nearby drains your battery and data and i want it gone

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. If it was put on the home screen, you can remove it by longpressing the icon, but that won't uninstall the service. It's possible that it is a function of Maps and needs high accuracy on, which can cause a higher than normal battery drain. You can turn off high accuracy in setting>location.

Seabreather

Dec 9, 2017
Visit site
Get it off my f@.!:/=g phone ASAP please. I'm sure someone has already figured out how to make a mainstream hack and my psycho ex girlfriend will be stalking my every move within hours. I can't stand apps that can be hacked and follow people, yet aren't removable. Its crap. I'm going boycott Androids forever after this of it doesn't get fixed. F$'&8! GOOGLE!

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
There’s nothing we can do about Google services, since we have no affiliation with that company, but there is always Google Feedback, accessible to all users.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz