I have a galaxy s7 and this problem just began after I updated to Android 7.0. I have gone through the threads that have the same issue but still not having success. I tried

-rebooting in safe mode and the icon still appears (so Ive learned it is not a third party app, or so thats what the threads have told me)
    -have cleared data/cache from clock, no resolution
    -tried the double widget technique as proposed in the other thread (http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s7/672518-new-4-day-old-s7-alarm-icon-won-t-go-away-status-bar.html)

Are there other first party apps that set alarms/reminders I don't know about?
    04-09-2017 07:38 PM
    Try to see if the Google app has any active alarms and/or reminders. If you set an alarm in the Clock, does it do anything (double icon, no change, etc.)? What about any calendar items that might have a reminder?
    04-10-2017 12:15 AM
    Try to see if the Google app has any active alarms and/or reminders. If you set an alarm in the Clock, does it do anything (double icon, no change, etc.)? What about any calendar items that might have a reminder?
    When I set my alarm in clock there's no change from the one clock symbol in the status bar.

I did have weekly reminder in both the default and Google Calendar but I
    unchecked it and deleted both the data and cache a from it once before but didn't notice a difference so I brought it back. I just again unchecked the calendar with reminders and deleted the data and cache a again from both default and Google calendar but the icon is still present. If that's the most likely reason is there an area I'm missing that I need to delete?
    04-10-2017 06:08 PM
    What about Play Music timers or any music app that might have an 'alarm' feature?
    04-10-2017 09:20 PM
    What about Play Music timers or any music app that might have an 'alarm' feature?
    I do not have any timers set up for any app.

In regards to calendar reminders, would deleting data and cache be enough or would there be more to do?

I feel as though I am running out of options and wondering if any stores would have someone like yourself to look at phone in case I am missing something.

Thank you by the way for trying to help me with this problem
    04-11-2017 07:05 PM
    I called samsung and they told me how to actually boot in safe mode. The icon did not appear so it is actually a third party app. My bad, this is what happens when a rookie tries doing this. Each time I tried apparently it was not successful. I was able to pull up the maintenance boot mode and selected safe mode in the menu each time but turns out it was not.
    04-11-2017 08:54 PM
    I called samsung and they told me how to actually boot in safe mode. The icon did not appear so it is actually a third party app. My bad, this is what happens when a rookie tries doing this. Each time I tried apparently it was not successful. I was able to pull up the maintenance boot mode and selected safe mode in the menu each time but turns out it was not.
    Do you have any note taking/to-do-list app installed in your phone? If so, see if you have any remainder enabled in them, or even disable them temporarily.
    Earthygirl likes this.
    04-11-2017 09:01 PM
    Do you have any note taking/to-do-list app installed in your phone? If so, see if you have any remainder enabled in them, or even disable them temporarily.
    I do not have any note taking or to do list app on phone. Thanks for asking though. I truly have no idea what could be causing this. I mean, for example I have the NHL app which notifies me when a game finishes but I cant imagine turning off every notification I get.

I do not have any alarms or reminders set to my knowledge. I did not do anything different from updating from android 6.0 to 7.0.
    04-11-2017 09:56 PM
    Ah, so it is an app! OK, that's a good start... now the problem is finding the app

I know it's gonna take a while, but can you try opening your apps, one by one, in Safe Mode? Do you see the icon pop up with any of them in particular?
    04-11-2017 11:55 PM