I have forgotten myy password for kid mode, and first started up the account as a joke, so attached a random email address. Now, I am locked in kid mode, don't have my password, can't get a new one sent to me by email, and no other methods such as the safe zone methods are working for me. I'm not sure if this has something to do with my phone being HTC ? Could somebody with a HTC phone who has a solution that works for them please help? am begining to think I will be stuck in Kids mode forever!
    04-10-2017 08:06 AM
    Did you ever figure this out? I'm in the same boat, only even in Safe Mode, the Kid Mode app opens. I just wrote complaint to Zoodles as I couldn't believe they have zero help on their site when this seems to be one of the top problem for persons with cellphones and kids.
    07-09-2017 02:55 PM
    I'm in the same boat
    Have you tried a factory reset? That should do it.
    07-09-2017 03:04 PM
    NO, I didn't want to have to resort to that, I shouldn't. A third party app shouldn't function in Safe Mode (except for something like Prey or a phone access protection software, not a kid mode app). And especially an app that I can't permanently remove. I already had it disabled (so I thought), so I don't know how my daughter got it to work. You can't even remove the icon from your apps screen, it's a plague, and I wrote them and tweeted so. But since it's Sunday night and I'm tired of being blocked, I have no choice, but I am seriously thinking of asking a lawyer friend to tell me what I can do to the company, because they don't even have any help on this on their site. And it's impossible that they haven't been written numerous times about this issue. But thanks!
    07-09-2017 03:25 PM
    And especially an app that I can't permanently remove
    Did the app require administrator access? If not then it should be removable. If it has admin access you have to there IIRC, disable that and then you can remove it. You could also try a hard reset, not sure how to do that on your HTC, but you should be able to Google it. Hard reset should preserve your data.
    07-09-2017 06:38 PM
    Well number of hours later after the factory reset (and that too was a battle with Google trying hard to be in control of where I backup and how I retrieve my backup), I'm restoring my phone from a June 2017 backup, argh. Any hoot, the app is hard wired with the HTC original phone OS. You can't delete it, you can only disable it. But I'm waiting for the company or HTC to contact me because I complained so very clearly and strongly that I hope they at the very least can tell me how to remove it so as not to have to have my phone rooted. That said, I may do that to ensure this doesn't happen again. And I have previous searched for apps, like Titanium Backup (I think it's called) to remove without rooting ( at least its been a while since I read on it, but I recalled not using it because of some issue with HTC One). If things have change and someone can help with how to permanently remove Parent Dashboard/Kid Mode/Zoodles without rooting my phone, I'd be sooo grateful! Thanks!
    07-09-2017 07:42 PM
    And so as to help someone else, why did my restore take so long: I used an HTC Backup to Dropbox, and when you factory reset, it installs old versions of certain apps, like Dropbox, and when I should try to sign in to Dropbox to access the backup file, it would simply tell me my app was old and needed to be updated. So then I had to go to Google Play, only to not find any Dropbox app (why, because Play store thought I had the lastest version as Google still saw my latest apps uploaded). So I found Uptodown (a store that saves older versions of android and other apps), had to access it on the Internet via the phone (manually download the latest version--oh, and you need to turn on downloading from "Unknown sources" via Settings > Security first.) Then once you make sure the latest Dropbox is on the phone, you can go through your Settings > Backup & Reset > Backup to HTC (or select HTC) then you have other options popup underneath and you need to restore from HTC Backup. It should then ask you to choose either Google or Dropbox and voilà, you choose Dropbox and follow the rest of the instructions (Allow HTC with your account name by pressing & holding that line down, not the green backup image.) But to even get to all of this, you have to make sure NOT to select Google and any Google accounts for anything during the entire reset up process just after the factory install. If not, the options you see later when you access settings after the factory reset is complete will not be the same. Of course this was a pain because I had my backup on Dropbox, I might not have had as many issues had it been on Google Drive.
    07-09-2017 07:55 PM
    Please help on how to get out in this kid mode because I can only use Google and I can't go out of this app PLease help
    07-27-2019 06:41 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Do you also have an HTC One, or a different phone?
    07-27-2019 11:17 PM