I can't find any threads about this so here goes...
    On my s7 edge, using "Ok google, message Dave on whatsapp" I get told politely "I'm sorry, but you do not have a whatsapp account for dave".
    This happens with all my contacts and I've been through making sure their all linked to whatsapp in my contacts app. I've unlinked, uninstalled, reinstalled and relinked all accounts to the same outcome. Any help or advice to fix this would be awesome. Thanks peeps.
    04-10-2017 08:18 AM
    Does that happen with normal messaging or just Whatsapp? Have you checked to see if the Google app has access to your Contacts, and if it does, maybe try revoking it and re-allowing it?
    04-10-2017 11:27 PM
    It's only when trying to use whatsapp. It'll send a text as normal. I've been through all the permissions for whatsapp, the contacts app, everything I can think of. Unlinked accounts on individual contacts and relinked... Can't think of anything else to fix it. Just always getting the "you don't have a whatsapp account for....."
    04-11-2017 05:16 PM
    I've fixed it. Uninstalled the app for the third time. Made sure whatsapp was removed from my accounts on the handset. Reinstalled it, didn't sync the contacts, just let the phone do its thing and heypresto, we're working again. Phone having a funny five.
    SpookDroid likes this.
    04-11-2017 05:35 PM
    Weird... at least you got it working.
    04-12-2017 03:09 AM
    Sorry to jump on this thread but I've got the same issue, tried all sorts to fix it but not working. Google Now keeps saying there isn't a WhatsApp account despite bringing up the phone number! Any help would be gratefully received.
    07-04-2017 08:41 AM
    This is the only thread I have found about this problem. Its been happening to me for 3 weeks. As I ride a motorcycle this is annoying to say the least. So I will try what the other user did, wiping whatsapp off the phone and unlink everything then load it again and see what happens.
    07-19-2017 02:52 PM
    I have the same problem here, but, it started a few days ago, before, it didn't happen. Why is it happening now? What I need to fix it? I used to like very much the voice command to send messages, it iwas very useful.
    07-23-2017 06:17 AM
    I think I found a solution. I don't remember if all steps were needed, but it is something like this.
    1) Disable the Google app
    2) Download or activate it again from Google play
    3) Restart the phone
    4) Verify if Google app is activated

Things worked again for me aftrer these steps.
    07-23-2017 03:57 PM
    I am having the same problem as others have stated.

1. I say OK Google, then Send a Whatsapp Message to "contact".
    2. Google Now/Assistant opens Whatsapp, then puts said contact into "To" box. However, it then says there isn't a WhatsApp account for "contact" (even though it has found the contact!).
    3. It won't then allow me to dictate a message.

I have tried both work around mentioned above (deleted Whatsapp and Google App) but it has made no difference.

Any suggestions would be welcome!

Don't you just hate the fact that just about all tech is sold as a beta product. Would we accept this in any other commercial sector?

Samsung Galaxy S5
    Language set to English UK (in case that is helpful)
    08-10-2017 09:51 AM
    Try playing around with Contacts. On my samsung. Click edit the specific contact & swipe between whatsapp n phone tab. Save it and it worked.
    12-12-2017 07:53 AM
    Same problem - appeared a couple of weeks ago. Did you solve this?

I am having the same problem as others have stated.

1. I say OK Google, then Send a Whatsapp Message to "contact".
    2. Google Now/Assistant opens Whatsapp, then puts said contact into "To" box. However, it then says there isn't a WhatsApp account for "contact" (even though it has found the contact!).
    3. It won't then allow me to dictate a message.

I have tried both work around mentioned above (deleted Whatsapp and Google App) but it has made no difference.

Any suggestions would be welcome!

Don't you just hate the fact that just about all tech is sold as a beta product. Would we accept this in any other commercial sector?

Samsung Galaxy S5
    Language set to English UK (in case that is helpful)
    05-28-2018 08:22 AM
    Hello,

Although it's a long time since this thread was started, my phone has started doing this in the last couple of days - have there been any more progressions on fixing this problem do you know? There still seems to be only this thread addressing the issue so far.

I haven't been able to get WhatsApp working via OK Google yet and would welcome any help.

Thank you and Happy New Year!

FD
    01-06-2019 02:57 AM