I'm a novice Android user and I just sideloaded my first app. I can't seem to locate the executable in the file system in order to create a shortcut for it. I can only find the APK for it, which doesn't launch the app, but instead prompts me to update the app every time I tap it.
    04-10-2017 06:37 PM
    I'm a novice Android user and I just sideloaded my first app. I can't seem to locate the executable in the file system in order to create a shortcut for it. I can only find the APK for it, which doesn't launch the app, but instead prompts me to update the app every time I tap it.
    The apk should be an executable container for the app. You should not have to update the apk before installing. May I ask what type of apk you are trying to "sideload" and why do you have to sideload it to begin with? You are using a pc to drop applications onto your device? More info please? Device, app, version of Android. You know . Helpful things
    Rafagon likes this.
    04-10-2017 06:50 PM
    Thank you so much for your reply. Today I looked at my apps list (by pressing the white circle with the dots at the bottom center of the screen) and was pleasantly surprised to find the app there. I dragged it to a main screen and created a shortcut as usual. All is well!
    04-11-2017 05:03 PM