How can I transfer pics from my S6 to my PC?

A

AC Question

I've read every thread I can find on this site about transferring pics from an S6 to a PC. My phone used to show up in the File Explorer window when I plugged it into my PC. It was easy to view, move, delete pics as required on the PC.

Now I can see the phone in the File Explorer window, however, is displays Galaxy S6 with the following 3 folders: Phone/Android/Samsung. The 'Phone' folder shows 34 little non-descript drive icons, none of which will open, all showing 0Kb.

Why is it so hard to transfer files from a relatively new model phone to a PC?

The S6 seems so sh*t when it comes to transferring files, unbelievably inferior to other devices.

There is no 'Developer Settings' on my phone. I notice in the forums there is reference to this setting, however, my phone does not have it.

I tried Kies Air ages ago, but that's just rubbish and won't work reliably.

Can anyone offer any help? I'm feeling like smashing this phone to little pieces with a big hammer. Then buying an Apple phone and Ipod. From what I'm told, they just work seamlessly.

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!
The S6 is a very complex device with many settings in many places.
Developer options can be turned on by going to settings.. Software... Tap the build number rapidly until a notification pops up telling you that the developer options is enabled.
File transfer depends on what version of software you have on it. With Nougat, you go to the developers options and find "select USB configuration", where you should choose MTP.
If you have Marshmallow, when you plug into the pc, you will get a little notification on top of your screen, pull down the quick settings menu and you should see the USB notification. Tap on that and select MTP there.
You may also have to choose a setting in your pc if you get a query asking what you want windows to do with this device (the pc will see the phone as an external drive). I usually choose transfer /view files option and have no problems. The pc may download the driver for your device...

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
We have iPhone in this house and trust me, file transfer to a windows pc is a nightmare..
Kies is crap, you can put smart switch on the pc these days and I believe that works well too I have never tried that myself.
Anyway, good luck with all that, it's not that complicated, just takes a long time to write...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
popipro