Hi. My phone (Samsung Galaxy note-4, model no SM-N 910U) mugged just couple of hours back while I was browsing in my car. Unfortunately, my location was turned off. I cannot locate it through Android device manager. My question is-
    1. I've sensitive personal information in the device so I gave the command to erase the data. Will it be effective?
    2. The device was finger print locked. Since I was using it during the incidence ,will it be effective?
    3. Is there any way to locate it?
    Thanks in advance.
    Hasan
    04-12-2017 02:37 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Sorry to hear about that -- some people just stink.

A remote wipe command should work as long as the phone is connected to the web -- location doesn't need to be turned on. However, location does need to be on in order to locate it remotely. If Android Device Manager doesn't help, try also Samsung's Find My Mobile.

Do you recall what your "Lock Automatically" interval was set to? If it was "Immediately," or just a few seconds, then you're probably safe -- the thief would've had to keep the screen active the whole time he was getting away in order to continue accessing your phone.

Finally, if you haven't done so already, definitely change your Google password now, and turn on 2-step verification (if you haven't already). Also, change your passwords for any other apps or services that were on the phone (especially anything related to money).
    04-12-2017 05:02 PM