SD card not detected by Galaxy Tab S2 after Android 6.01 update

A

AC Question

Hi, my tablet auto updated, then on rebooting prompted me that my SP 'Elite' 128GB SD card was unrecognized and needed to be reformatted. So I switched off, removed the card and transferred the data to my PC, reinstalled the card, powered back on, and the warning about unrecognized card was not repeated, and no SD card is now showing as detected.

I tested the card again in my PC, and still working fine there. Tried an error check, and no errors found. Tried to reformat using SDFormatter (v4.0) utility - no improvement. Tried reformat card to NTFS, and also exFAT - neither made any difference - card still not detected by the tablet.

I tried another SD card in the tablet, and that card was detected fine.

So both the card and the tablet card reader worked fine before the software upgrade, and electronically, both continue to work fine separately after the upgrade, but they no longer work together.

How can I overcome this?

I cannot return either the card or tablet under warranty, as both technically still work perfectly.

Buying yet another card is not really an option - this one cost a lot, and I don't want to give up on a 100% working card due to some weirdness that seems to be purely android o/s related.

Any help very much appreciated!