Okay, so I got a tablet for Christmas and everything was connected and i was able to cast to the Chromecast. One day it decided it didn't want to connect. I haven't changed WiFi or anything like that, i can click the icon and it looks as though it's thinking about it and then just stops. My phone still works flawlessly so i know its not the Chromecast. I then took it to my parents house to use theirs to try narrow the issue and it wouldn't work on their Chromecast with their WiFi either. I don't believe it is an app problem as i can't cast on any app I've tried. Does anyone know what could be causing this on the tablet?

Thanks, Sam.
    04-13-2017 12:58 PM
    Try going into your tablet's Settings >> Application manager, find the 'Google Home' app, and tap the 'Force stop' button and then the 'Clear cache' button. Now open up the Google Home app itself and see if it's detecting your Chromecast normally again. If that didn't make any difference, in the Google Home app de-link your Chromecast and go through the process of pairing it to your WiFi network again.
    It wouldn't hurt to just power off/power on your Chromecast either, which also brings up the question of whether you're using a USB port to power your Chromecast or its power adapter. If on USB only power, try using its power adapter instead.
    04-13-2017 02:38 PM
    Chromecast broadcasts Wi-Fi signals using both 2.4GHz and 5GHz. However, both networks have the same name. (i.e., both the 2.4GHz and the 5GHz network are using the same SSID).

I had the exact same problem I configured the tablet. Works great.
    04-27-2017 04:27 PM
    ... I don't believe it is an app problem as i can't cast on any app I've tried. Does anyone know what could be causing this on the tablet?

Thanks, Sam.
    Install this 'Fing' app on your tablet, it's a network scanning utility:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...oid.fing&hl=en
    Do a basic scan and in the resulting table there will be a listing of all the devices connected to your home network. Is your Chromecast in the list?
    If not, try resetting your Chromecast then pair it up to your WiFi again, and then do another Fing scan to confirm it's a part of your home LAN again.
    If it is on the list, tap on its entry to open up more details on its network connectivity. Then do the same to your tablet's entry and compare the two to see if there's some discrepancy why your tablet cannot detect your Chromecast.
    04-27-2017 06:38 PM
    I'm having this same problem, and could someone explain it as though you're talking to a novice? I installed Fing and that didn't work.
    11-19-2017 10:25 PM