My Galaxy S6 died and it will not turn back on

A

AC Question

So I went through every forum and nothing so far helped, which is why I am writing my own post.

One day I was charging my S6 as I was doing homework on my desk. At some point I noticed the LED light turn green. About 5 min. after noticing it, I unplugged the phone, but the screen did not turn on, as it should when you unplug it from a charger. I pressed the power button: nothing, I did every single button combination, as well as holding all the buttons: still nothing. I plugged it back to the charger, and still nothing; not even the LED light indicating that the phone is charging turned on.

After leaving it in the charger for a bit, I checked the phone and the right edge of the phone got so hot that it was almost too hot to touch. After that I tried a different cable, a different outlet and everything else to try and see if I could get any type of a feedback from the phone, but nothing occurred.

Getting a replacement phone was not an option because it was past its warranty. (Even though I replaced the phone last summer because my old S6 was having camera issues.) I bought a new battery for it, and replaced it, but nothing happened, so it is not a battery issue.

A few month before this occurred, I noticed that there was some kind of a bubbling or some kind of a liquid seeping into the left upper and lower corner of the screen. I later found that it could have been the adhesive that seeped through because of the phone getting too hot.

Anyway I think this is all I can say about the phone. If anyone has any ideas, or have faced this problem please let me know.

Thank You!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! My guess is that it's either the Power button or the motherboard. Either way, you'd probably have to bring it to a repair shop.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome