Hi all,

I tried to add my corporate email exchange account to a new Z (actually I have tried on two different Zs), and I kept getting a popup that it needs a certificate. My IT guy at work has no idea what it needs, and neither does the guy at the Verizon store. When someone tries to add our corporate email from another Droid (say, a Samsung), this problem does not happen. I currently have our corporate email running on my Droid Turbo just fine.

Any advice? I would like to have this phone, but, obviously, not being able to run my corporate account for email/calendar/contacts is a non-starter.

Thanks in advance.
    04-14-2017 06:35 PM
    Hello!

I'd love to try and help you out. So, first things first. I have a couple questions for you:

1. Does your company use what is called a mobile device manager (MDM solution)?

2. Are you talking about the Moto Z, Moto Z force, or Moto Z play?

3. Is your email through Outlook 365, local Microsoft exchange server, other?

4. If we have your turbo running we might be able to glean some settings from it. Are you able to go to settings > accounts > and find your corporate email on the list > see what the settings look like.

5. Are you using the stock moto email app, gmail, or have you tried the Outlook app to see if you can even get your corporate account through that?

Phew! I know that's a lot to answer, but it could really shed some light on what the issue might be.

Thanks!
    04-14-2017 08:00 PM