Why does system take up so much space?

A

AC Question

I recently bought a Lenovo Tab 3 16GB tablet and liked it so I bought another one. The problem with the second one is how much storage the system uses, 4.73GB compared with 2.3GB which the first one I bought uses. Any ideas why this might be? I set them both up in exactly the same way. The 4.73GB is about twice the storage taken up by the system with the other tablet. Is it at all possible that it could have installed the OS twice (Android 6)?

Any help would really be appreciated. I was thinking of doing a factory reset but I'd like to know of any other possibilities first.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Can you show us screenshots of the Settings>Storage menu from both tablets? http://forums.androidcentral.com/ge...ide-how-post-screenshots-android-central.html. You'll have to register on this forum first.

2.3 GB is actually pretty low. My 2013 Nexus 7 with 16 GB (running 6.0.1) has 12.2 GB free for the user, which means 3.8 GB are taken up by the system. Since this is on a Nexus device (with no bloatware), it would be surprising for a non-Nexus device to have even less storage taken up by the system, since Lenovo almost certainly preloaded some additional bloatware.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781