Is there actually a way to put my music on my phone for free?

A

AC Question

So I just got my first smartphone after only using landlines for the last 22 years, and uh, well let's just say I'm not acclimating very well to it.
I have scoured the internet in search of a way to put my music (that I own) from iTunes onto my new Android. It seems positively ridiculous to spend any money on music I've already spent money on, so I am looking for a free way to do this.
Google Play Music and Double Twist both advertise free methods of syncing iTunes --> Android, but when I investigated further I found I had been hoodwinked, and would either have to pay for a Google Play account, or upgrade to a better version of Double Twist.
Is this just my fate now? I guess that would be okay, but I really value being able to walk and listen to music offline. It seems only fair that I can do that with my "super-smart" phone.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I have my music on my phone, using Google Play Music, for free. Install the Google Play Music Manager on your computer and allow it to sync your music to the cloud. Once that's done, it should all appear on your phone in the Google Play Music app. You can then choose to "download" songs to your phone to listen to offline or just stream them using your data connection.

There is absolutely no need to pay for a Google Play Music subscription.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan