Hello everyone… my first post; hoping to get some help setting up the Dragon Touch K7. First off, I know nothing of Android or touch-screen applications. I don’t own a smart phone, or any other kind of phone; nor do I want to. I am probably average when it comes to Windows OS.
    I acquired my Dragon Touch, for free, from someone who couldn’t get it to work and finally gave up in frustration. It’s a couple of years old so my first order of business is to set it back to the original factory settings and proceed from there. I have read about a “Hard Reset” under “Settings” but thought it would be better to get some advice from this Forum before I do anything rash.
    Eventually I would like the Dragon Tough set up for WiFi. I live on a boat and need a light-weight computer to take to shore and access email and the internet for research. Real basic stuff.
    Would appreciate hearing from someone who can get me started, thank you…
    Bry
    04-16-2017 01:38 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Can you access the system settings menu? If so, go to Settings>Backup & Reset, and tap the Factory Data Reset option. This will reset the device back to its factory settings -- but be aware that if the device is on Lollipop (5.0) or above, it will probably have Factory Reset Protection enabled. This means that before the reset, you need to properly remove the previous owner's Google account by going to Settings>Accounts-Google, selecting that account, then tapping Menu>Remove Account. If you don't remove the account first, then after the factory reset, you'd have to enter the previous owner's Google account information and password.

What do you mean that the previous owner couldn't get it to work? That might have a significant impact on what you'll be able to do with it, and what we might be able to help with.
    04-16-2017 08:54 PM
    Thanks, B Diddy. Not sure what Lollipop is but if I do a reset and it doesn't work, I guess I have to address the Lollipop issue. Let me work on that and get back to you. Not sure what problems the woman had, but I know she bought the K7 new and never was comfortable with it. I suspect she thought it would be intuitive and couldn't face the learning curve. And there was some issue about the unit not turning off and running the battery down. But I haven't had a problem with that yet.
    Thanks again.
    Bry
    04-17-2017 02:12 PM
    Lollipop is the nickname for Android version 5.0.

This guide might be useful: http://forums.androidcentral.com/gen...16-nougat.html
    04-17-2017 02:32 PM
    Thanks so much for the guide. I have been looking on line for a users manual for Dragon Touch and found nothing. This is a great place to start. I was fiddling around with the tablet last night and found some photographs still in the Gallery from the original owner. I want to save these for her but when I used the patch cord to my laptop, like I do with my camera, nothing came up. How do I save the photos to my laptop? Is there a SIM card I have to switch over?
    Thanks,
    Bry
    B. Diddy likes this.
    04-18-2017 03:34 PM
    When you connect the tablet to the computer via USB cable, swipe down the notification panel from the top of the tablet's screen, and look for a USB icon. Tap it, and make sure "MTP" or "File Transfer" is selected. Then on your PC, open Windows Explorer and look for the tablet in the device list. Open it, then look for the photos. If they were taken by the tablet's camera, they should be in the /DCIM/Camera directory. You can drag and drop the photo files to your computer.

It's also possible that the images are preloaded sample images that came with the tablet, or cached images related to an app, so they might not be from the previous owner.

It's generally a good idea for a user to remove their own Google account from a device and then do a factory reset prior to selling it or giving it to another person. This is important primarily for the previous user, since leaving one's account on a device may expose that person's sensitive data. Go to Settings>Accounts-Google​, and see which Google accounts are listed. Is it only yours, or is there one that belongs to the previous owner?
    04-18-2017 07:13 PM
    Thanks B. Diddy. Good info.
    Yes, the previous owner's account is listed on the tablet. Let me working on it... learning a lot.... again, thank you.
    Bry
    B. Diddy likes this.
    04-19-2017 03:56 PM
    Ok, in the Settings>Accounts-Google menu, select that account, then tap Menu>Remove Account. I'm not sure if it will ask you for a password -- if so, you'd have to find that out from the previous owner, if possible. But if you do successfully remove the account, do a factory reset right after that, and then set the tablet up as if it were brand new.
    04-19-2017 05:13 PM
    Thanx again. Been looking at the guide and tried to copy/paste to my desk top but didn't work. I don't suppose it is available in a downloadable format?

Bry
    04-21-2017 02:02 PM
    No, sorry. On the desktop forums site, you could click the Tools button and then Show Printable Version. Then either print it out or save it as a PDF.
    04-21-2017 05:47 PM
    Thanks, I'll try that. Living on a boat and having to use hot spots in town makes thing harder... I appreciate your patience.
    Bry
    B. Diddy likes this.
    04-22-2017 12:37 PM
    Hey B. Diddy… I’m not getting to first base with this thing neither. Despite having it on “charge” all afternoon, when I hold the power button down for say, thirty seconds or so… I get nothing. DOA big time. It died during the night! The Big Sleep!
    Not prepared to waste too much time on this thing, your time as well as mine, but I’m getting ready to toss the thing into the garbage bin…
    Bry
    04-25-2017 02:13 PM
    To be honest, that tablet probably isn't worth the effort, as you mentioned. It's a cheap off-brand device that is more prone to firmware or hardware glitches.
    04-25-2017 08:44 PM
    Thanks again, B. Diddy.... I'm setting it aside for now. Maybe if I run across a geek down here, I'll pass it along.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    04-27-2017 02:25 PM