All instructions say"go to wallpaper". My S7 has an option "wallpaper and themes". Opening it does not offer an option to use images other than ugly samsung images. Also, if I set an image for the lock screen from the gallery/images files it works but times out in seconds. There is no option to remove an image.

This seems to be inadequate porting of previous versions to the newest version. Any comments
    04-17-2017 09:25 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! When you long-press an empty part of the homescreen and then select the Wallpaper option, do you see an option for Gallery? Show us a screenshot of the options that are presented to you: http://forums.androidcentral.com/gen...d-central.html. You'll need to register on this forum first.
    04-17-2017 10:13 AM
    Add to question: There is no "wallpaper" option. The option is "wallpaper and themes" and in that option there is no option (and there should be) to choose an image other than Samsung's ugly images. You can set an image from the "gallery" but it isn't clear how to remove it. There is no option to remove an image. These settings are different from those on previous galaxy phones and it appears to me that Samsung has missed this when moving to android 7. Also the lock screen image times out within seconds. I know it is to save the battery but it should be my choice whether to continue to dispaly it.
    04-17-2017 11:44 AM
    Sorry, I don't have an S7 on Nougat, so I can't duplicate the steps exactly. How are you getting to the Wallpaper and Themes option -- is that after long-pressing an empty part of the homescreen? And when you say you can set an image from the Gallery, do you mean that you have to open the Gallery app first, tap an image, and then use a "Set as wallpaper" option?
    04-17-2017 12:39 PM
    I don't think there is a solution except for Samsung to update the features affected. I have been through 3 different verizon "tech coaches" and two dealers, all of whom had no answer. I just want other people to know so they don't spend the time I did trying to find out. Thus as of 4/17/17 when I am writing this:
    1. "wallpaper" is no longer in the settings menu on S7 android 7.0. It is replaced by "wallpaper and themes".
    2 "wallpaper and themes" does not offer an option for installing an image other than the ones it provides. You can still install an image by clicking on it, e.g. in the gallery menu, and opening the upper right 3 dot menu where there is a choice to make the image wallpaper.
    3. Once you set an image there doesn't seem to be a way to remove it except by substituting another image.
    4. If you set a "lock screen" image it will not stay on the screen more than a few seconds. This is not due to the time out setting for an inactive screen. I know it saves battery but the user should have a choice.
    5. Again, I think this fell thru the cracks during OS transitions and Samsung needs to fix it to be user friendly, logical, and intuitive.
    Thanks
    04-17-2017 01:58 PM
    How are you getting to the Wallpaper and Themes option -- is that after long-pressing an empty part of the homescreen?
    04-17-2017 02:38 PM
    Doesn't matter. Press and hold, pull down notifications and press settings, or press settings from a screen. They all lead to only the "wallpaper and themes" option.

Also settings -> display -.> "screen saver" is supposed to offer options for when to have "screen saver" on and no such options are offered although the various help recommendations describe them.
    04-17-2017 03:49 PM