Samsung Galaxy S5 Keeps loosing connection

A

AC Question

Hello, I've used this site before and it was very helpful.

Recently I purchased a Samsung Galaxy S5 online that is Unlocked. Everything is working fine except for the Wifi. It is not the router as I already did the process of elimination, aside from both my Galaxy S4 and Wifes Iphone 5 working on it just fine.

The internet works for a time and then suddenly the internet stops working. The phone indicates that the signal strength is very good and connected but Apps wont work with internet nor google or chrome.

I have tried many solutions in the last 2 days reading online, changing to static, the number one answer = switch off smart network switch (which was not even on), Use airplane mode turn off then on, reset router, Reset Galaxy S5 completely, non of which worked , tried some other oddball fixes which also did not help me.

The phone was a 4.4.4. when I received it and I had this issue, I updated it to a 6.01 and still the internet dropping persists.

I also noticed the phone keeps scanning for wifi even though its already connected strongly connected.

The main answer is to switch off smart network switch, but many people did not find this helpful as the smart network switch was already set to the off position (unchecked).

Does anyone know of another solution to this problem, the phone has been out for some time now Hoping someone may have a solution they may know by now.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Sorry, it sound hardware related. It could possibly be the antenna came partially unseated, possibly. If you don't know how to repair that, then I would suggest bringing it to a repair facility. You can also try a factory reset first.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz