I'm going to try and explain this as clearly as I can and you're more than welcome to redirect me to another forum, if there is one.

Here's my issue; I would like to look for a swype alternative for many reasons (themes, better text prediction, less buggy) but one thing keeps me from doing so. Whenever you type a word in swype, if it's wrong, you simply tap the swype key (which highlights the entire word) and then you can choose a different word suggestion, delete the entire word with one click, or simply replace it by swiping a new word.

Are there any alternatives with a similar way to quickly replace or re-swipe the word? Some try and give this functionality through a long press but that is too difficult to achieve without looking at the screen to see when the long press has taken effect (and is therefore not very useful if driving or otherwise using your eyes). It also causes the copy/paste functionality to appear.

SwiftKey gets close to what I'm looking for, allowing you to click on a previously typed word and choose a different suggestion. But if none of the suggestions are correct, you must once again long press the backspace to delete the word.

I feel that this functionality is absolutely essential since the keyboard prediction is often wrong, or I simply change my mind about the word I wanted.

I hope that my question is sufficiently clear. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

(fyi-please, no comments on texting and driving. We all have strong opinions but that's not the topic here)
    waykokid likes this.
    04-18-2017 07:03 AM
    No seriously. On behalf of every motorcycle and every car carrying kids in the country, don't text and drive. You're literally threatening our lives and no one cares about your insipid little keyboard problem when you won't even acknowledge how your negligence is a direct threat to us. Good day.
    belodion likes this.
    04-18-2017 07:29 AM