My Mobicell tablet keeps restarting constantly. The problem began when I had to update google play services. It downloaded it and when it come to the install part it froze. It come on for u few seconds and then froze. Tablet restart itself. I am considering to do a factory reset but will it help?
    04-18-2017 10:12 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! What's the exact model name/number?
    04-18-2017 01:49 PM
    I'll pretend to be B. Diddy.

Does the problem persist in Safe Mode?

Here's how to join and reply. https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    04-21-2017 05:22 AM
    Hi B. Diddy

Model number: BLADE

Android version: 6.0
    04-21-2017 05:22 AM
    Hi, no it's not on safe mode - already checked. The weird thing though is it only freezes when I have to download Google Play services and when it is connected to Wi-Fi. Ohter-wise it works perfectly.

I have already wiped the tablet so I don't know whether it will help.

Any other suggestions that might help?

Thank you.
    04-21-2017 09:04 AM
    Duplicate threads merged. What @belodion was suggesting was to test it in Safe Mode to see if the problem still happens.

What do you mean by downloading Google Play Services? Do you mean when Google Play Services auto-updates? You shouldn't have to do anything about that system app, since it should update on its own.
    belodion likes this.
    04-21-2017 02:07 PM
    No it is not Google Play store. I have wipe my tablet and so far so good.

What the tablet did was it show a notification like an exclamation mark with the following: Google apps (Gmail / Hangouts or whatever it may be) won't run unless you update google play services. So, I clicked on it and took my straight to google play store and to google play services. There was only one option to click on and that was update. So I clicked on update. It downloaded, and when it came to installing, my tablet froze.

My tablet isn't on power save mode or anything I've already checked. My tablet don't even have a option that I can do software updates like most of the cellphones does. I have talked to Mobicell and they say nothing can happen to the tablet when it show theses notifications but I feel that it should not be doing it at all.

If I switch my tablet on save mode I won't be receiving my whatsapps until i go into my whatsapp or any other messages.

What do you mean by Duplicate threads merged?

Thank you
    04-25-2017 03:30 AM
    Safe Mode is a troubleshooting step. If the problem goes away in Safe Mode, then the problem lies with one of the apps you installed (i.e., not one of the preinstalled or system apps). The way this could happen after a Google Play Services update is if it causes a significant conflict with one of those apps. So if the problem goes away in Safe Mode, but comes back when you reboot normally, you need to go back into Safe Mode and start uninstalling apps one by one until the problem goes away.

Duplicate threads merged means I found another thread that you started, and merged the two, so that there aren't two identical threads active in the forums. Having two of the same thread can be confusing, since people in one thread may not know what those in the other thread have already suggested.
    04-25-2017 11:08 AM
    Hi B. Diddy

Can you explain step by step how to reboot in safe mode and how to do the duplicate threads merge or how to get it off? Sorry I am not very clued up with these things.

Thank you.

Lindey
    04-26-2017 05:52 AM
    On most Android devices, while powered on, press and hold Power until the Power Off menu appears. Press and hold the Power Off selection until the Safe Mode prompt appears. Tap OK.

I'm the one who merged the duplicate posts -- you don't have to do anything (except perhaps to refrain from making multiple posts of the same question, which is what prompted this).
    04-26-2017 10:55 AM
    Thank you so much will try it.

If I attempt to do the Safe Mode will it my tablet have any negative effects?

And will my tablet restart normally if I switch it on and off again?

Thank you
    05-08-2017 05:18 AM
    Safe Mode is safe to use.
    A Power Off & Restart is the normal way of exiting Safe Mode.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    05-08-2017 07:20 AM