So I just recently purchased an HTC Desire 626 off of Mercari and it is giving me issues. It will not go past the Google Verification screen. As I input my username and password, it send me to a screen that says Authenticating... and then sends me back to choosing a wifi point. It does this every time I input my information. On the Wifi Point Choosing screen, it shows the option to skip the process, but it is grayed and disabled to be inputted. I have attempted hard resetting the phone, and everything is still the same, I have removed the battery, nothing, I have even asked the original owner of the phone. He claims that he did not have this issue while he had it in his possession. He claims that he was able to bypass the Google Verification screen with a Skip for Now option, and I don't see it anywhere. I need assistance URGENTLY.
    04-18-2017 06:06 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! I'm assuming this is a used phone, so it's likely that the seller didn't properly remove his or her Google account from the phone before doing a factory reset. This is considered an unauthorized factory reset by the phone, and therefore requires the user to enter the Google username and password of that previous user. This is Google's Factory Reset Protection, and is intended to discourage people from stealing a phone and doing a simple factory reset to make it their own.

Your only recourse here is to contact the seller and see if he will agree to help you remove that Google account from the phone. This may be tricky, because it will require him to give you his password. Once you've successfully removed that Google account from the phone, you can then do another factory reset and add your own Google account. The other person would then probably change his Google password, just to be safe.

There's no legitimate way around FRP, and we do not allow discussions of illegitimate or illegal methods.
    04-19-2017 06:00 PM