I'm furious with this garbage piece of machinery right now, so I'm going to keep it brief.

My Galaxy S7 is intermittently not playing any kind of media whatsoever. This will go on for an hour, then everything will play fine, then I suddenly can't load anything again. I'm about at the end of my last nerve with this thing. Unfortunately, I can't exactly go about just getting the warranty called in on the thing because as far as I remember, I got the phone over a year ago.

When I say I can't load any media, I mean anything. YouTube videos error out saying "Can't play video, touch to retry." Spotify plays the songs without actually streaming the audio. Facebook errors out when I try to load a video. Anything I try to do on the phone, at all, just stops being able to process if it needs to stream media.

I'm at my wit's end. So I'm going to list things I tried already and that should be avoided when suggesting fixes
    Rebooting the phone
    Deleting Twitter
    Deleting/Giving Storage permissions to Google+ (it's not even installed)
    Updating anything. At all. I checked literally every app on my phone.
    Installing Android System Webview (my phone won't even let me enable it)

Guys, I don't know what to do. I use my phone for most of my media on bus rides to and from work. I need a solution asap.
    04-18-2017 07:51 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! First, try wiping the cache partition, which won't erase any personal data: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-24999. If that doesn't help, then see if the problem happens in Safe Mode as well: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-28008. In Safe Mode, you'll only be able to test preinstalled apps, but this should include YouTube.
    04-19-2017 04:47 PM
    Try as said by B.Diddy
    If that doesn't work then go to recovery and wipe cache partition then followed by a factory reset. This will erase all the data in the phone. So take a backup before trying this.
    04-24-2017 06:33 AM
    It sounds more like a connection problem than a media issue. Perhaps your wifi or mobile data connection is flaky. Have you tried playing any content stored on your device, such as videos you recorded? As for warranties, depending on your carrier and insurance plan (hope you have), you may be entitled to a replacement after the standard 1 year warranty. Keep us posted.
    04-24-2017 06:47 AM
    If you're getting an error message, it would also be helpful to know exactly what it says.
    04-24-2017 10:02 AM
    Resetting app permissions worked for me, at least so far.
    05-21-2017 04:10 PM