This happens both on my iPad and my phone so nit is not my device but a problem with my yahoo account. Any ideas
    04-19-2017 04:49 AM
    Hello!

I actually saw the issue the other day in my current IT role. We had a user who when they opened the stock Apple mail app it crashed within a few seconds back to the home screen. What we discovered was a message actually stuck in the sent/outbox section that continually kept trying to send causing a crash. The fix we applied was logging into the webmail version on a PC and deleting that message from trying to send.

While this may not be the issue for you its potentially a good starting point! If this doesn't work I do have some follow up questions such as:

1. On the iPad and phone are you using a stock email app (an app that came with the phone/tablet), or did you download the yahoo app for mail?

2. Are you trying to navigate anywhere in the mail before it crashes? IE are you trying to go to the trash folder, or does it just shut down on the inbox?
    04-19-2017 07:00 AM