Samsung tab 2 10.1 says it's connected to WiFi but I can't use anything.

A

AC Question

I have a Samsung Tablet 2 10.1 and I have not had an issue with it with the WiFi. I haven't used it in a while but now I try to use it it says it's connected to the WiFi but when I try to use anything requiring the internet it says no connection. I have no problems with anything else in my house with our wireless. My router was reset. I even tried to use the tethering from my phone. It all says it connects but nothing works.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Have you tried forgetting the wi-fi network on the tablet, then re-connecting again? Does this also happen with public wi-fi networks, like at your local library or cafe?

Kim L1

Apr 19, 2017
Visit site
It connects and says it's connected but I still can't use anything that requires internet. Signal strength says it's strong and everything else works but my tablet. I already went through pages and pages of help pages. They all say reset the router etc

Cleebies

Jun 6, 2017
Visit site
I had this problem today (hence finding this forum) - was unable to connect to one office wifi network with an "authentication error", and the other "connected, no internet".

the only thing that has worked for me was to go into Settings; General Management; Date and Time; switch off Auto date and time; change current date and time to something random; switch off device; turn back on again; change date and time back to current; switch auto date and time back on; switch device off-on - hey presto, everything working fine again!

A lot of forums I looked at suggested that incorrect date and time may be the culprit but mine was correct so tried the above and it worked where nothing else did.

Hope it may help anyone else having same problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana