Okay I definitely know this isn't a laptop forum lol but I just need some help with this if possible by you smarties out there.

Okay so right now my setup is having an HDMI cable hooked from my Sony Vaio laptop to my TV to view movies (Kodi) I hit FN key and F7 to do Projector only so I get my fill HD 1080 picture.

Is there ANY way to connect the same way WITHOUT the cord? Like what do I have to buy to do this? Adapter of some sort or what?

I appreciate the help and again I know this forum is just for androids but I know there are tons of knowledgeable people here.
    04-20-2017 08:34 AM
    Is this in a browser tab? You could get a Chromecast and cast the tab to the TV.
    AllenRulz likes this.
    04-20-2017 08:41 AM
    No browser. I have an app on my computer that plays movies and such. So right now I simply play it on my TV from what plays on my computer with an HDMI cable. But I hate how it Is because I can't move the laptop anywhere with the cord and stuff.

I heard of chromecast before but never looked into it. It does what I'm describing well?
    04-20-2017 08:52 AM
    No browser. I have an app on my computer that plays movies and such. So right now I simply play it on my TV from what plays on my computer with an HDMI cable. But I hate how it Is because I can't move the laptop anywhere with the cord and stuff.

I heard of chromecast before but never looked into it. It does what I'm describing well?
    I don't think it does apps, unless the app supports being able to cast. And then, there is the difference between a mobile app and a desktop one. The mobile version may have Cast support but the desktop version may not.
    04-20-2017 09:01 AM
    Basically I use Kodi on my laptop. Hitting FN key and F7 I can choose that option where I can mirror the laptop image clearly on my TV. So I choose projector only so Im not having to view a movie on both screens lol. I just need something that is going to delete the HDMI cord and let me do the same thing as I'm doing now but wirelessly.
    04-20-2017 09:08 AM
    I would say there must be a site that the app is mimicking. If you can find it you should then be able to cast a Chrome tab to a casting device, like a a Chromecast.
    04-20-2017 02:30 PM
    So chromecast is only good for like browser stuff?
    04-24-2017 05:41 AM