Internet / Google Chrome not loading 90% of pages, Apps / Games not working

A

AC Question

So my S6 is now bordering on 18 months old and has done very well and i've been generally happy with it up until 1 / 2 weeks ago (just before the latest update).

So on Wifi everything works perfectly. Moment you take off Wifi i get the 4g symbol in the top right corner and the arrows are flashing which to me means that it is sending and receiving information? Alas, if i go onto the net using Samsung Internet (which has worked very well up until now) i get issues when trying to access web pages.

Originally i looked online for a solution and did the clearing of cache and all data, i have reset network settings, i have created a new access point, i have turned flight mode on and mobile data off and turned the phone off for 30 secs and start it back up and have done everything i can think of and have seen other than hard factory resetting my phone.

At times it works, as i write this i went on to get the error code that comes up and all of a sudden Reddit loads up (which is the biggest offender of not loading) but then on my way out to get some lunch from work i was getting "ERR_Name_Not_Resolved" and when i tried all of the above through Chrome i would get the ERR error but also "dns_probe_finished_nxdomain"

I am getting extremely frustrated with this as i cannot fix the problem and really dont want to hard reset my phone.....

Can someone please try and assist me?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! When you say you created a new access point, I assume you checked to make sure the APN settings were correct for your carrier, right? Try also disabling IPv6, if possible, within the APN settings -- for unclear reasons, some servers have problems with it.