I've had straight talk for almost 7 years, the same number for 3 years. About 4 months ago I got a new phone and new sim, activated it and it wouldn't let me receive texts or multimedia messages from at&t carriers or mobile nation. Straight talk told me it was my phone, so I went and got another brand new phone, and new sim card, but its still not letting me receive them. I called straight talk AGAIN and told them I got a new phone and it still wasn't working, he said he did tests and that its not their problem that the other carriers must have my number blocked. But i explained its not just one person. Its ANYONE with a different carrier. Someone help please.
    04-21-2017 10:44 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! It doesn't receive simple SMS messages (i.e., simple texts from a single sender, without any attached photos or files)? Or are those texts you're missing group texts, or perhaps extra-long texts (which get converted to MMS if they exceed the SMS character limit)?

Do your APN settings match these? Straight talk apn settings – Dummy proof guide
    04-21-2017 01:39 PM
    It doesn't let me receive simple texts SMS or multimedia messages from any carrier that's not Verizon or straight talk. It just started out of the blue one day. I've went to that on my phone to try and see if I can change it, but it doesn't have the "menu" section after I click APN it only pops up "tracking.vzw"
    04-21-2017 05:55 PM
    Is "tracking.vzw" listed as the APN? What happens if you tap it? That's how you get to the actual APN settings -- then you can tap the field you want to edit.
    04-21-2017 09:03 PM
    I am having this same issue.. someone help please cuz talking to someone from straight talk is a joke!!!
    10-17-2018 08:58 AM
    I've had straight talk for almost 7 years, the same number for 3 years. About 4 months ago I got a new phone and new sim, activated it and it wouldn't let me receive texts or multimedia messages from at&t carriers or mobile nation. Straight talk told me it was my phone, so I went and got another brand new phone, and new sim card, but its still not letting me receive them. I called straight talk AGAIN and told them I got a new phone and it still wasn't working, he said he did tests and that its not their problem that the other carriers must have my number blocked. But i explained its not just one person. Its ANYONE with a different carrier. Someone help please.
    Did you ever get this resolved? I'm having the same issue with straight talk and they are NO help.
    11-07-2018 09:48 PM
    I am having this same issue.. someone help please cuz talking to someone from straight talk is a joke!!!
    Did you get this figured out? I'm having the same issue.
    11-07-2018 09:49 PM