Wifi is free at my hotel, so I can't get to router butHow can I get my wifi to work on my LG Aristo?

A

AC Question

I bought phone in Jan. I am staying at a hotel that has free WiFi yet I constantly cannot connect. It works fine on my laptop as well as my old phone and worked when I first bought it. It connects to the Wi-Fi, yet on the sign in page, once I put the passwords in, I get errors and it won't log on. I have factory reset phone, gone to the phone store, where the Wi-Fi worked fine there. The errors have been anything from "authentication failed" , "too many redirects", and the most recent "invalid code, close browser and try again". I have tried everything, even my phone company reset my phone from there, but I have also noticed that internet has been slower on this phone and pages sometimes don't fully load, or take forever and I have unlimited 4g lte. It worked fine when I first got it, it has been updated, but I have been trying for about 6 weeks now. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I sometimes get security warnings for some public wi-fi hotspots (like in my local grocery store), and the phone doesn't allow me to connect. I'm not sure if there's a setting that can disable that. When the login screen appears in the captive portal window, can you see what the URL is? If so, copy that and enter it into the browser's URL bar. Does it come up there, and are you able to login that way? I had to do that in a hotel on a recent trip to London.

Jdthierry

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
I tried and the screen won't let me copy, and it doesn't show the complete URL. Before it stopped working, when I pulled up the Google browser it would go to the login screen. Now it just goes to google, off Wi-Fi but on the data.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Do you see any part of the URL? If you try typing the first part of the URL into the Chrome URL bar, you might see the full URL appear as a suggestion.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38