Android Devices connected to Home Wi-Fi, but unable to get Internet

A

AC Question

Have 2 S8+s and an S6 at home. Using an ASUS RT3200 Router.

All 3 phones are able to connect to both the 2.4GHz and 5GHz Wi-Fi's but can't get any internet at all.

When I try accessing any website on the Google Chrome app, it says "This site can't be reached. ERR_ADDRESS_UNREACHABLE"

The internet is working fine for every other device. Desktop, Laptop, iPhone, iPad and an Android TV Box.

smvim

May 16, 2014
Visit site
Using any web browser in one of those three phones giving you a problem, try typing in:
and see if that works. (Should take you to google's home page, it's just one of several of its IP addresses). Just wondering if there's a DNS issue. Typing in an IP address is just a shortcut past DNS look up. If that does work think about using a DNS changing app (several available in the Play Store); or digging into the 'Advanced' settings in your Settings >> Wi-Fi >> 'your home WiFi network name' ; or changing the default DNS addresses in your Asus router (probably defaults to using whatever is supplied by your ISP). If that doesn't work however, the first thing to try is just rebooting your router -- power it off completely, let it sit a couple of minutes, and power it back on. If connectivity is still an issue with just those three phones, dig into your Asus router's set up menu and take a look at anything that might be an issue -- QoS settings, any kind of filtering you might have previously added in, etc. Or try setting up a guest network with just simple default settings and see if those three phones are still having a problem. If that fixes things, you might want to just create a new SSD with a new name and password, lock it down accordingly, and see how that works out. Kind of a pain as you have several other devices you'll have to re-configure but if some random setting in your current set up is a problem better to get that cleared up anyway.

smvim

May 16, 2014
Visit site
I tried setting up a guest network on my router and it seemed to work. But I'm not sure how to go forward from there.

Well at least that's a step forward. You could take a look at the all the settings in that guest network and then compare any differences in your regular, main network settings. Or just create a new SSID with a new name and password, configure it properly, and then just re-do all your devices to link up to your new WiFi network.
But before all that, did you try 'forgetting' and then re-adding your WiFi network in one of those three phones to see if that's all that was necessary?

chensyang

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
Yeah, I've tried restarting my router and modem. Forgetting the network then reconnecting, factory resetting the phone, using Google's DNS and factory resetting my router, all of which did not work.

The guest network doesn't have many settings. Name, Authentication Method, WPA Encryption(AES), Password, Access Time(Unlimited), Access Intranet(Disabled) and Enable MAC Filter(Disabled). That's all.

chensyang

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
I'm also unable to add a new SSID. After I factory resetted the router, the initial setup page requires me to setup all 3 SSIDs(It's a tri-band router, 2.4G 5G 5G). And there's no option to create a new SSID on the Wireless setup page.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21