I'm looking to buy a refurbished or used phone on the Republic Wireless network so at my price point and the plans compatibility requirements, its really just between these phones. I really can't tell which would be better. The refurbished S6 comes in at the same price as a new G5 Plus so if anyone has suggestions or experience with one or both the phones, it would be a big help.

Thanks
    04-22-2017 10:40 PM
    Hello!

This is certainly a great question! I have owned both devices, and had a wonderful experience using both. The big advantages to the S6 over the G5 Plus would be screen quality and I would give the edge in the camera department despite the older sensor (I realize the Moto G has technically the same sensor as the GS7 but after taking pictures with it Samsung's software processing is just better).

Moto G5 Plus has incredible power management that leads to superior battery life (5-6 hours screen on time), near stock android buttery goodness that has overall snappier performance, and some fun little system tweaks like the twist to open camera. It does lack NFC though so if you are interested in doing mobile payments at all this is something you should consider. I'm a huge Moto fan (obviously going to sound biased), but I would prefer this device over the S6 just because that particular Galaxy is starting to show its age especially after recent updates. If you are nervous about the 2GB, Amazon does offer the 4GB model at virtually the same price. Yes, you have to suffer from ads on the lock screen, but they are swiped away easily, and do not inhibit the phone otherwise.
    04-22-2017 10:58 PM
    If you have more specific questions regarding either device would certainly love to tackle them for you!
    04-22-2017 11:03 PM
    Let's be accurate! US version Moto G5 Plus does lack NFC. I'm using a Moto G3 (16/2), and I love the pure android experience, something I would really miss using any Samsung.
    04-23-2017 06:22 AM