How do I transfer data from one SD Card used as internal storage to another SD card?

A

AC Question

Hi, I've been using a 32 GB class 4 SD card as internal storage in my Moto X Pure Edition for a year now. I just bought a 64 GB class 10 SD card and I'd like to use that one as internal storage instead of the 32 GB one. How do I transfer the data from the old one to the new one?

Thank you.

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I've been using a 32 GB class 4 SD card as internal storage in my Moto X Pure Edition for a year now. I just bought a 64 GB class 10 SD card and I'd like to use that one as internal storage instead of the 32 GB one. How do I transfer the data from the old one to the new one?

Thank you.

There are a few ways.

1. Upload the 32GB data to a cloud of some sort. Swap the cards, and then download from the cloud to the 64gb.

2. Plus your phone into a PC/MAC, copy the 32GB card data to the computer. Swap out the cards, and then paste it to the new card.

3. Pull out the 32GB and use a card reader to copy the data off to a computer, and then pop in the 64GB and paste it onto the card, then put the 64GB into the phone.

Otherwise unless you have 32GB free of internal storage on the phone itself, you would need to use one of the options above.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iseeyouo-o