I just tried to send a message to someone on hangouts and a message underneath it says: Sending failed... tap to retry. No matter how many times I tried. It stays the same. But when I tried to send messages to different people, they all came through. I wonder if I am being blocked by that person and if so, how do I know if I'm being blocked without asking that person directly? All of the contacts on my hangouts are long time comtacts. I have always been using WiFi. And it's a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and 4.
    04-23-2017 08:57 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! This is a Hangouts IM you're sending, and not an SMS, right? If it's SMS, can you use a different texting app?
    tube517 likes this.
    04-24-2017 03:17 PM
    In addition to B Diddy's question above, Who is your carrier?
    04-24-2017 03:22 PM
    I am only referring to hangouts messages (hangouts messages to hangouts) and not SMS. As I mentioned, I only use WiFi and not with any carrier. I recently tried desktop computer and laptop computer with no success. I tried to search for answers all over the Internet. I find that others have the same question and there isn't seem to have an answer. Some of them even expressing frustration that even with these modern day technologies and we can't offer an answer to a simple question.
    04-26-2017 10:21 PM
    Try going to the App Manager, select Hangouts, then Storage, then Clear Cache/Clear Data. Now open Hangouts again and wait for it to sign back in and re-sync your conversations. Does the problem still occur?
    04-28-2017 02:46 AM
    No. It doesn't work. Now I can only assume that, that person has either locked me out or they kind of changed their username, phone number or deleted their account altogether. I don't know if any of that is correct or even possible but I'm sure it has to be one of the above. There's nothing wrong with the app itself because all other contacts are still able to send and receive messages. Only one is failing. It's worth to mention that the last message that person sent to me is always highlighted everytime I open Hangouts. You know when you first receive a message, it would stay highlighted until you open to read it then it isn't highlighted anymore. I am done with this question and I close my case. But let me rephrase the question that others are asking to. How do we know if we are being blocked by someone without asking that person directly?
    05-06-2017 10:38 PM
    Unfortunately, I don't know the answer to that question. But have you also tried directly emailing that contact's Gmail address (the one that's associated with the Hangouts chat)?
    05-08-2017 04:45 PM
    The email still works the whole time. I did try to contact that person by email and I was able to send it successfully. That person now replied back to me through hangouts. So, my hangouts with that person is back to normal. I feel happy and I just have to pretend that nothing had happened. But in my guts I know something must have been done on that person's side. I just don't know what was done. Thank you for trying anyway. Over and out.
    05-20-2017 09:53 PM
    I have been having this issue on my daughter's tablet for quite some time as well. I have tested this on Android and iPhone and the problem is always the same. I am able to contact everyone on my daughters tablet except one person, her father. I am able to contact him on all the other tablets and phones in the house. Her account is brand new and I don't understand why we are unable to call, text or hangout woth her father on her device. He does not havehis daughter blocked.

Please advise.
    11-29-2017 09:08 PM
    I have been having this issue on my daughter's tablet for quite some time as well. I have tested this on Android and iPhone and the problem is always the same. I am able to contact everyone on my daughters tablet except one person, her father. I am able to contact him on all the other tablets and phones in the house. Her account is brand new and I don't understand why we are unable to call, text or hangout woth her father on her device. He does not havehis daughter blocked.

Please advise.
    Did you work it out? it's happening to me too
    lydiawinter9 likes this.
    05-28-2018 02:22 PM
    I use Android Tecno K7 and I was only chatting on my hangout and I tried to message a new friend of mine on Hangout and it won't let me, it keep saying sending fail, I went to google help forum and I was asked to go to the app settings in which I did clear the cache and other things but when I tried to log back into my Hangout with my Gmail it won't let me and checking on my hangout it brought something like Signed out , please how do I fix back my hangout so I can get signed in back
    10-03-2018 09:06 PM
    I was Chatting with Friends and after I dropped the Video call with my buddies, I tried chatting up a new contact, and it won't get sent it keep saying Sending fail and I have to go back to message those I called With Video call , I messaged them and it won't get sent but I do get their own messages but mine will never get sent. I checked on google help forum and I followed the instructions given. I cleared the cache and date in the storage and I tried to log back into my Hangout with my gmail but still won't let me. How do I get back on my hangout please and if I send email to email it will delivered but only hangout won't work, I come to think if maybe my gmail account was logged out and disconnected from Hangout by Google and what can I do to get back into my Hangout please asap.
    10-03-2018 09:13 PM
    Not even able to contact anyone on my hangout cause won't log me in
    10-03-2018 09:14 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! You mentioned you cleared its cache and "other things." Can you be more specific?

Also, go to Settings>Accounts>Google​. Is Hangouts there, and if so, is sync turned on?
    10-04-2018 01:29 PM
    I had the same problem ,why am I blocked be my Hangouts ?
    07-22-2019 05:42 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! I assume you've already read through this thread and have tried the various suggestions, correct? Are you using a VPN?
    07-22-2019 06:16 PM