My Lg Stylo 2 randomly presses buttons

A

AC Question

Yesterday i woke up and i tries to check my phone, it would just press all over the screen and do things by itself seemingly ignoring my touch. It sent people texts like "Uuuuuuooooooknnnbhhhh" and wont let me do anything because it just clicks all over my phone. I had tried all the normal trouble shooting so i called Lg, they said i can either send my phone in for two weeks so they can examine it or I can do a factory reset to try and fix it. I need my phone so i dont want to send it in for two weeks but this problem is getting unbearable. My phone is cracked but for months it has been working fine even with the cracks. The night before it happened I was on it just fine but for some reason when i woke up it just wouldnt work. What can i do?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are you saying the screen was cracked a few months ago? Do you have a screen protector on? That can sometimes cause phantom touches. Does this only happen when charging? That can also sometimes cause some strange screen behavior in certain situations.

Also, it's possible that over time, the cracks in the screen allows moisture to seep in, which has now caused the digitizer to start malfunctioning.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37