Help! Noone Can Hear Me When I Call... Even when I Do It still doesn't work 😢

A

AC Question

Whenever I Try Calling Someone On My Sony Xperia Z It is impossible For the answering person to hear me. Even If They Call Me It's The same... I'm The Only One To Hear The Opposing caller but vice versa just isn't the case. My Mom tells me to restart my phone but I Don't Want To Loose ANY SORT of data. And I read some of these questions and explanations and It seems restarting Isn't the right thing to do because nothing happens after that, so I'm not gonna risk loosing my app data. Please Help! What Can I Do? I'm sure That If I Go To The Shop They Will Tell Me The same Thing. Do I Wait Until I get a new phone? Do I Sacrifice The Relationship between my friends and I? Please! I need Ideas 😭😭

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Do they hear you if you turn on speakerphone, or use a wired/Bluetooth headset? If so, then your primary phone mic (at the bottom of the phone) is either blocked or faulty. Make sure it isn't blocked by a case, and that the opening isn't clogged by any debris. If it's clear, then bring the phone to a repair shop to replace the microphone.