I have a Galaxy Tab E 8.0 (model SM-T377V). I bought this off a guy, but he did not have the charger. I have a Galaxy Note 5 (with AT&T) and I tired using my charger with the Tab, but I get a pop-up screen on the Tab saying it is not the correct charger.

Is it safe to use my phone's charger anyway? Or will any charger with the correct charging plug work? Just don't want to waste money on a charger if I can use something I already have.

Thanks.
    04-23-2017 11:05 AM
    Anyone?
    04-24-2017 02:52 PM
    It really shouldn't matter, as long as it's charging. Does it actually charge with the Note5 charger? Is it slower than usual? If you're using chargers from reputable companies, you won't damage a device, because the device will draw power from the charger, not get the power forced into it.
    04-24-2017 03:02 PM
    Thanks for your reply to my question. For some reason the Reply window is visible now. I don't know why it wasn't visible before, lol.

Anyway....when I plug my Note 5 charger into the tablet it says "The connected charger will take longer to charge. To charge faster, use the original charger that came with the tablet."

Not a big deal, since I'm only using this tablet to show photos and videos to my mom. She's in the nursing home and her eyesight isn't that good, so I thought she could see things better on this bigger tablet.

I'm assuming it will be fine to use this charger, since the devices are both Samsung.
    04-25-2017 11:54 AM
    It's fine to use the charger, since both of them put out 5 Volts - the make doesn't matter. Evidently the charger for the tablet tries to draw more current than the Note 5 charger can put out (probably because of a missing short in the plug going into the tablet - Samsung plays funny games with their charging ports), but as they say, using that charger will just take longer to charge the phone, it won't damage anything. (As always, though, never allow the tablet to discharge to under 40% before charging it.)
    B. Diddy likes this.
    04-25-2017 01:21 PM
    When I first got my phone (about eight months ago) whenever I plugged the charger in it didn't seem to take very long to fully charge. I usually charge mine when it's down near 20%, and for some reason now it takes roughly 2 hours 30 minutes until fully charged.

I'm wondering if using the charger on the tablet may have done something to it? I sometimes use one of those power bricks when I'm at work or not near an outlet, too.
    05-01-2017 01:15 PM
    As a battery gets older, it may also take longer to charge (besides discharging more quickly), so it might be more an issue of an aging battery on the phone.
    05-03-2017 06:03 PM
    According to AT&T I've only had this phone a few months. Seems longer. I can't imagine the battery would be that old.
    05-05-2017 11:17 AM
    Was it a refurb, or a brand new unit?

Theoretically, if a phone were used pretty heavily, with frequent deep discharges (i.e., using it until the battery drops to zero or close to it), the battery could start deteriorating after only about 8 months. Would that describe your use at all?
    05-05-2017 09:11 PM