The google play store icon will show up in the notification list saying:
Checking for system and security update
and will sit there for hours, only goes away when I stop the process manually
tapping on the notification gives a white screen

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Which phone? Are you sure it's the Play Store icon (which looks like a bag with a "play" button on it), or is it a more generic Google icon?

If you swipe down the notification panel and long-press that notification, which app does it say is responsible?

James Leu

Apr 25, 2017
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Which phone? Are you sure it's the Play Store icon (which looks like a bag with a "play" button on it), or is it a more generic Google icon?

If you swipe down the notification panel and long-press that notification, which app does it say is responsible?

I have a HTC10
The icon in the notification bar is the Google Play Store 'bag' icon.
When I do a long press on the notification it says is is from the google play store

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That's very odd, since it should be the system updater checking for system updates or security patches, not the Play Store.

Try going to Settings>Apps>All, select Google Play Store, and Clear Cache/Clear Data, then Force Stop. Do the same for Download Manager. Now see if it happens again.

Rixoro

Apr 25, 2017
Visit site
That's very odd, since it should be the system updater checking for system updates or security patches, not the Play Store.

Try going to Settings>Apps>All, select Google Play Store, and Clear Cache/Clear Data, then Force Stop. Do the same for Download Manager. Now see if it happens again.

I have the same problem and tried this. The notification went away but now the play store won't open...

Sondhemfreak

Apr 26, 2017
Visit site
If you reboot, are you able to open the Play Store? Does the notification come back after the reboot?

I'm also having the same issues described above, I have an HTC One. It started on 4/24. When I navigate to Settings>Apps>All, I don't see Download Manager listed however. Steps to troubleshoot:
- Reboot without force stopping play store- notification returned, unable to open the play store (it remains a blank screen)
- Force stopped Play store - notification disappears, unable to open play store (blank screen)
- Reboot after force stop - notification returns, unable to open play store (blank screen)

Interestingly, I'm re-doing my troubleshooting steps as I write this and now it's behaving as expected.

What seemed to work for me-navigate to Settings>Apps>All, select Google Play Store, clear cache (I did not clear data though), force stop, reboot. Thanks for the tips, B. Diddy!

dfs_jim

Apr 27, 2017
Visit site
I'm also having the same issues described above, I have an HTC One. It started on 4/24. When I navigate to Settings>Apps>All, I don't see Download Manager listed however. Steps to troubleshoot:
- Reboot without force stopping play store- notification returned, unable to open the play store (it remains a blank screen)
- Force stopped Play store - notification disappears, unable to open play store (blank screen)
- Reboot after force stop - notification returns, unable to open play store (blank screen)

Interestingly, I'm re-doing my troubleshooting steps as I write this and now it's behaving as expected.

What seemed to work for me-navigate to Settings>Apps>All, select Google Play Store, clear cache (I did not clear data though), force stop, reboot. Thanks for the tips, B. Diddy!
This did not work for me. Also have the HTC10

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
armeniomanuel