Best budget camera phone? Camera being the sole priority...

A

AC Question

I don't own a smartphone - walk around with an old nokia which has its advantages in terms of battery life.

I've an absolute maximum of £200 to spend, not sure what that is in dollars, and, other than not wanting to have a windows phone, my only real consideration is the camera.

I have nice cameras, a fuji and an Olympus, neither of which I am willing to risk on a beach holiday and have therefore decided it's time to bite the bullet and buy a smartphone.

I don't care what the phone looks like, how big it is, any other snazzy features...though if it could run a sat nav app that would be nice.

Fine with refurbished, bit nervous of second hand and I gather there are lots of fakes on ebay.

Oh and a micro SD slot so that I can expand the memory is likely a good thing, but again I could live without.

It really is just the camera I care about, and the budget. I've ruled out a digital compact as an alternative for now as it'd mean another device in my bag and really, I need to join the twenty first century.

Any advice?

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
🙋
Let's get this clear. You're saying that you wish to buy a phone the camera on which is not as good as those on high-end devices? It's true that some mid-range phones, which would be within your budget, have good cameras, but not surprisingly, they are not as good as those on high-end ones. That's acceptable to you?

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I don't own a smartphone - walk around with an old nokia which has its advantages in terms of battery life.

I've an absolute maximum of £200 to spend, not sure what that is in dollars, and, other than not wanting to have a windows phone, my only real consideration is the camera.

I have nice cameras, a fuji and an Olympus, neither of which I am willing to risk on a beach holiday and have therefore decided it's time to bite the bullet and buy a smartphone.

I don't care what the phone looks like, how big it is, any other snazzy features...though if it could run a sat nav app that would be nice.

Fine with refurbished, bit nervous of second hand and I gather there are lots of fakes on ebay.

Oh and a micro SD slot so that I can expand the memory is likely a good thing, but again I could live without.

It really is just the camera I care about, and the budget. I've ruled out a digital compact as an alternative for now as it'd mean another device in my bag and really, I need to join the twenty first century.

Any advice?
I've been very very impressed by the Moto G cameras. The photos they take are quite remarkable for a budget phone.

aelizabeths

Apr 24, 2017
Visit site
Honor 8 seems to be really expensive over here for some reason :( think I am going to go with the Huwaei P9 but unsure where to purchase. Phones are mightily confusing, more so than cars or cameras!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2