Messenger on tablet freezes after about two lines of text. It sometimes goes to the start page, other times I can't exit the page, it won't go backwards or forwards. It was all OK until a week ago. I don't know if this has anything to do it it but I accidently went from single tap to inserting password and I don't seem to be able to revert back to single tap. I'm not very computer literate so I would be grateful if any help could be given in simple terms! Thank you,
    04-24-2017 05:31 AM
    Welcome to the forums. What device do you have? Have you tried rebooting the device?
    04-24-2017 08:44 AM
    Hi,

My device is a Samsung Galaxy tab 3 lite SM-T110. I have rebooted it, if that means switching off and on again and I'm sorry, if I sound dim on these things. After it freezes the keypad goes off then sometimes comes back. Similarly when it freezes it doesn't seem to receive the wi-fi and the laptop works ok with the wi-fi. I do hope you can help me, it's extremely tiresome writing quite long messages two lines at a time!
    04-25-2017 02:04 AM
    Is this Facebook Messenger you have on the tablet?

Also, the tab 3 is a very old tablet. Apps can barely run on it due to low RAM - 1GB (I have a Tab 3) and low memory (8gb ROM)

Best thing to do w/that tablet is uninstall as many apps that you don't use. The system leaves very little room.

Reboot regularly. It freezes regularly.
    04-25-2017 02:33 AM
    Hello. Yes, it is Facebook Messenger. You suggest uninstalling unused apps does that mean apps that it came with such as Kids Module, Drive, Hangouts, Play Music as well as apps I've installed? Thank you.
    04-25-2017 03:49 AM
    Try deactivating system apps that you don't use. They may got small size but they sometimes use your ram...
    04-25-2017 07:53 AM
    Hi again. I tried to disable a couple of apps and it came up with the message that it might cause problems but I pressed yes to continue and the next question we do I want to restore it to the factory settings. As the tablet was new I thought these apps that were already on it would be the factory settings. At this point I cancelled it, what does it mean by factory settings, is it to do with updates they received over the years. I am so sorry to keep showing my ignorance.
    04-26-2017 07:01 AM
    My problem with Messenger has not been resolved, it's still happening still freezing. I'm not sure what will happen if I remove unwanted or unused apps as it asks after i press 'disable' do I 'want to restore to factory setting' is that just the app or the whole tablet
    05-03-2017 09:40 AM