Locked out of my S7 - Factory reset only solution

A

AC Question

Hi all,
I had to deal with the following situation: I travelled to another country. Switched off my Galaxy S7. Switched it on, it asked for my PIN as normal. However, my PIN didn't work. And yes, it was the correct PIN. And no: I haven't recently changed it.
Switched the phone off and on, same issue. After a couple of tries, the phone displayed the message that I have only few attempts left, then it will do a factory reset.
At the end of the day - for I needed to use my phone - I had no other solution but to try the PIN again and again and then perform a factory reset.
So all the data that was stored on my encrypted SD-card got lost. At least, I could recover a lot of other data, some was lost.
What I just do not understand is why all the sudden and how the PIN could have changed.
I assume it could have to do with the fact that I installed a Vault-program before which conflicted with another security program. However, this should, imho, not change any PIN.
Maybe someone has any explanation as to what happened here?
Also ways how to save data in case something like this should occur again would be helpful.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance