Removing Samsung Pay

A

AC Question

Samsung pay was one of many pre-installed apps on my Galaxy 6 edge. I never used it and its now startin to tell me (when i park near stores and such) that it can be used there! Great, its now annoying, too. Ive tried Disabling it, wont let me. When i drag and drop to home screen to try it, it jus gives me the "X Cancel" option only. What the fudge, i never used this and i cant get rid of it. How do i get rid of it?

bmhillegass87

Q&A Team
Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Hello!

Yes, this is a rather annoying issue. To fully delete the app I believe you would need root access and Titanium back up (I'm not suggesting this method). What is the path are you taking to disable the app? Are you going to settings > apps/application manager > scroll till Samsung Pay (tap on it) > Force Stop > Uninstall updates/disable?

Disabled apps can still receive updates from the Play Store so what may have happened is you got an update for Samsung Pay and it re enabled the app. Here are some suggestions I can offer.

1. Turn off auto-update on the Google Play Store so it does not re enable.
2. Switch default payment method to Android Pay and see if those popups go away.
3. Try a package disabler. I'm not huge on this method since I don't like installing 3rd party applications to have control over the device, and this particular one costs money (I think it has a 5 day refund period though). However, it does not require you to root the device. Here is the app below:

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...olice.packagedisablerpro&hl=en&token=CkwYzvrT

Hopefully this helps free your from the Samsung chains!