uninstall listening

A

AC Question

"Okay google" or whatever the hell that is, keeps popping up. Constantly. It takes up the entire screen, won't shut off, and i have no way to find out what it is to interact with and uninstall it. How do i get rid of this thing?

I want it off the phone. Uninstalled, and set on fire.

Mr Mendelli

Dec 19, 2016
Visit site
That atrocity is the Google app. I never use it because it's so intrusive. Anyhow, there could be many reasons why it keeps appearing, but uninstalling it is a whole other beast on it's own. You will likely need to root your device (if root is available for it...) and remove it that way. It's too complex to explain here, so google "Android bloatware removal".

bbretton61

Dec 18, 2015
Visit site
Someone's reply on another post got me looking at other options too because all of the "OK Google" Detection options on my phone were disabled yet the thing kept doing it's OK Google thing.

I couldn't find any way to "turn off microphone permissions" within the Google app itself on my Droid (like someone else suggested). However, within the phone settings (nothing to do with Google or Apps), under device, I found "Touchless Control". It indicates "control your phone using the hands-free launch phrase followed by a command". I deselected it, and voila! No more "OK Google" issues.

Hope this helps someone else!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz