Hello Experts,

I have encountered a serious problem with my Windows 10 64 Bit PC.

Earlier my PC was behaving normal and whenever any android device was connected through USB cable all the functions were perfect starting from notification in mobile for option to go with and similarly showing the connected device in my PC too. So everything was perfect.

I do not remember after what type of update or any software installation, it has stopped showing notification in phone as well as in PC too.

I have gone through hundreds of articles on internet and tried almost all suggestions explained and nothing helped me out.

Before you write down any solution let me tell you that the Storage=>USB Computer Connection, this option is showing as disabled. So, I think this might be a cause and if this can be enabled, the thing can work.

I have tried with many devices and all devices have same issue. Even with my own device, I tried with my laptop, it is perfect, but with same setting when I connect in my PC, then nothing works.

The mobile gets charged and the battery displays as charging, but the device is not showing as connected in My System because of which I am unable to use the storage of mobile.

If any of you have any suggestion please put it up and if any further details required, please ask for it.

Thanks
    04-25-2017 07:15 AM
    Welcome to Android Central.

The experts are having lunch or getting a massage on the company dollar

I sneaked in.

You may have a fault with a cable that is only charging one way, or a rogue USB port on the pc.

If any devices are on Android 6+ you would need to change USB connection options on the notification screens, but you say it works OK on a laptop.

There may be Windows10 driver quirks with your devices, can you list them?

The USB connection in Storage usually relates to a usb memory device/flash drive if OTG connections are supported.
    Thanks sfoLAX for your reply,

The cable is checked and found perfect as same cable working in laptop and not working in desktop.

My Android version is below 6+

Here is the Device Manager screen shot link for your perusal about drivers: Screenshot by Lightshot

Further more: this PC was working fine before some time and everything was perfect. But do not know after which update this problem has started. So, what I guess is, because of some update or software malfunction, this problem has occurred. But I am unable to find it.

Here is the list of softwares installed in my PC> Screenshot by Lightshot , Screenshot by Lightshot , Screenshot by Lightshot (Complete screenshots)

Please take a look and see if there is any which is causing the problem.

once again thank you!
    04-26-2017 06:24 AM
    On the Win10 pc side, check with the phone maker's website to see if there are any new drivers that might be available.

One of the recent monthly Windows updates required me to install (reinstall?) drivers for my LG phone from LG's website.
    04-27-2017 02:20 AM
    Thanks sfoLAX & ManiacJoe,

I have tried the new driver from the OEM's website and did not help me. However, I do not use any PC Suite. I am still trying to find a solution by searching over 3 to 4 hours on internet daily as of now and still helpless.

Thanks for your time!
    04-27-2017 06:18 AM
    You're welcome. We still don't know what device you have, but if it has a forum here on Android Central (some are hard to find) you can try another thread there.
    Sorry for delay as I was out of town.

Mobile: Infocus M330

Android Version: 4.4.2

I have tried with the driver update from OEM site, still no success.
    05-03-2017 12:21 AM
    I'm in the process of creating my file transfer guide for android. It will cover everything you'll need to do in order to transfer data between an android device and a PC. I will reply with a hyperlink when it's done.
    05-03-2017 12:36 AM
    Well, here it is.
    05-05-2017 05:43 PM