Galaxy S7 Edge Battery Drain - Android System and Android OS

A

AC Question

Hi!

I'm really frustrated with my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge's battery performance. I unplug my phone everyday around 0630 and by 1230 I'm already down to ~40%. Now I can understand that if I'm using the screen but this drain is coming from standby and idle. At the end of the day I can only get ~ 1hr 30 min to 2 hours of screen on time.

My specific question: How do I stop the drain from Android System and Android OS?

I have the Snapdragon processor and my carrier is Verizon. Got the phone in June of 2016.

I have already done extensive research and wasted countless hours trying to find a fix and I'm hoping someone can tell me how to fix this.

Things that I have already tried:

-Disabling bloatware I don't need/use
-Disabling carrier bloatware (except MyVerizon, VZProtect, and Voicemail)
-Uninstalling old apps and apps I don't use
-Setting location services to "Battery Saver or GPS Only"
-Limiting location privileges to apps that want/need
-Turned off Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
-Turned off Wi-Fi and Bluetooth Scanning
-Cleared cache
-Wiped cache partition
-Control brightness manually
-Close apps when I'm done using them
-Use a static wallpaper
-Restricting background apps
-Restricting background apps data usage

And please, I'm not looking to hear "Use power saving mode" because I shouldn't have to keep my phone constantly in power saving mode to get at least two hours of screen time.

Samsung apps like "Help," "Gear VR Service," "Knox," "Setup Wizard," and Samsung system apps are what is draining my battery.

Also, I am considering getting the package disabler app, but I am hesitant because I don't want to disable essential apps. I use the Doze app to try and restrict drain in standby but it's not enough.

My phone is NOT rooted.

Thanks!

I would appreciate any and all help. At this point I am just so frustrated because this phone has a 3,600 mH battery yet I can't even make it through a full day or get more than 2 hours of screen on time because of the Android System, Android OS, and general Samsung software.

Chaos Beck

Jun 21, 2018
Visit site
GUYS I FOUND THE SOLUTION!

So i sum up all the problems regarding android system battery drain in s7 edge and after applying this settings i got my battery running normal again.solutions are as follows

1. Clear data from google services
2. Force stop chrome , facebook
3. Smart alert off
4. In oreo restrict background usage of android system
5. Check that your cell signal are not low
6. Wifi always turn on select never
7. Google backup off

I applied all those settings and in upcomming time i will check what was the give culprit

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty