My phone wont connect to about 50% of games and some webites.

A

AC Question

My HTC1 works fine, i can use Youtube and all other Internet services, just certain games it just tells me i cant connect to the server all the time, while other games work perfeclty fine. It even happens with some websites, recently i tried to get Qoo App but it wont let me download anything it just says Server Not Found, i tried Firefox and Chrome and this problem is going on for a while now.

FatGuyy

Apr 26, 2017
Visit site
I dont know what HTC One, when i look at my Phone-About page it just says HTC One. Also my Mobiel Data hasnt been working for a longer time now, i thought it might be damaged but i dont think damage can just lock me out of certain connections.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Is there a Build Number listed?

So this happens on wi-fi was well? You should ask your carrier about the mobile data issue. You might need a new SIM card.

FatGuyy

Apr 26, 2017
Visit site
I dont see a Build Number i only see IMEI-IMEI SV-Sereial Number
And yes it only happens on Wifi, since i cant use Moviel Data.
My phone is also very well used and droped a lot of times, but there is no externeale damage besides few bumbs and scratches

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
In the Settings>About Phone menu, there ought to be a Build Number listing. The IMEI and Serial Number are usually in a deeper menu (like Settings>About Phone>Status).

Does this happen on other wi-fi networks, or just your own?

Dropping the phone lots of times increases the chance that something will break. You don't have to see a lot of external damage for there to be significant internal damage.

FatGuyy

Apr 26, 2017
Visit site
Im in settings>About>Phone Identity and it lists
Phone Name
Model Number - HTC One
IMEI
IMEI SV
Device Serial Number
Phone Number
IMSI
IP Adress
MAC adress
I didnt try on any other Wifi Networks yet, and yes i thought it might be damaged, but i cant explain why it doesnt work only on some games/websites.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Ok, if you've only tried your own wi-fi network, it's possible that it has to do with IPv6 issues. Log into your router's settings (using your web browser -- look at the router's manual to learn how to access it), and look for the IPv6 setting. Disable it, and see if that makes a difference.

Another option would be to change your DNS server: http://www.howtogeek.com/167533/the-ultimate-guide-to-changing-your-dns-server/

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calvinxander08