How do I add the missing toolbar to the Google App ?

A

AC Question

Android 7.0 Nougat on a Moto G5

There was a tool bar under the Say "OK Google" box and above the 'cards'.
Within this tool bar were apps such as Supermarkets, Cashpoints, Restaurants and tools such as calculator, flip a coin etc.

Mine was there for about a week and has disappeared just now! It never appeared on my wife's phone which was bought and set up at the same time.

I have checked everywhere but can't find how to get to these useful apps and restore the tool bar to Google App.

Please can you help ?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are you on the stable version of the Google app or the beta version? I'm on beta, and I see those buttons appear periodically. Do they only show up at a certain time of day? I've wondered if they only present themselves during waking hours, and perhaps disappear later at night.

dd665

Apr 26, 2017
Visit site
Thank you for your kind welcome.
This is the app that came pre installed on the phone. I have checked and it is version 6.16.33.21.arm

It doesn't appear to be a time based issue because the toolbar was appearing consistently for the first few days.
Today I switched off the phone at about noon UK GMT, switched it on a few minutes later and it decided to disappear.

I will seek out a beta version and will report back.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I get it on my Nexus 6P (although I'm on the Beta program for the Google app). But sometimes it's not there for me either -- I think it's usually later in the evening when it goes away, which is why I suggested it previously.

dd665

Apr 26, 2017
Visit site
I've installed the beta version 7.1.21.21.arm and checking throughout the day up until about 23:30, it has remained blank.
I can get around it by either typing or speaking the items into 'OK Google' but it was nice to have the icons that I could just press.
Any Moto users out there having the same problem ? Could it be to do with a Motorola update ?

dd665

Apr 26, 2017
Visit site
SOLVED!
I will put a few words for search engines to help any others with the same problem.
April 2017 Motorola Moto G5 Android 7.0 Nougat Google App not showing toolbar under search box, disappeared, blank. This may happen after the Motorola update 'Motorola Update Services' (check your activity).
(apps such as restaurants, supermarkets, cashpoints, calculator, spirit level, coin toss, eat & drink, entertainment, sports)
Google App for Android gets a refresh with new shortcuts to frequently used features
SOLUTION:
Go to Play Store and find Google Now Launcher. This will be disabled so press to enable it.
While you are there search for the app 'Google' and download the update. You may need to become a beta tester for the latest one, details are here https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...e.android.googlequicksearchbox&token=PBpwy_IK
When you have the latest version go to your phone settings / apps and find Google App then press Storage / Clear Cache, then press Manage Space / Clear All Data

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol